Alex Castrounis and Luke Libraro, in the first episode of a two-part series, discuss wireless communication protocols such as those associated with cellular, Wifi, Bluetooth, IoT, automation, and control technologies. This is the first episode in a two-part series on wireless communications. Topics discussed include:
- RF as the basis for all wireless communications
- Cellular protocols (e.g., LTE, Cat M1, 5G, etc.)
- LPWA protocols (e.g., Lora, sigfox, symphony link, etc.)
- Personal area network (PAN) protocols (e.g, Bluetooth, Zigbee)
- Wifi vs bluetooth
- Edge computing and devices
- Protocol concepts such as range, power requirements, bandwidth, frequency, etc.
- Wireless communication equipment such as antenna towers and networks
Check out this episode and subscribe to Pod as a Service on iTunes here, or wherever you get your podcasts!
You can also listen to this episode using the player below!