Alex Castrounis and Kim Harvey, a voice designer at Google, discuss the field of voice design (aka conversation design).
Topics discussed include:
- Current state of the voice design field
- Speech parsing and the goal of understanding
- The phrasing of questions and responses
- Conversation error handling
- Human assumptions and expectations around machine personas
- The hype vs reality of assistants
- The potential impacts of AI on voice design
- The combination of linguistics and design principles to better understand how conversations work
Check out this episode and subscribe to Pod as a Service on iTunes here, or wherever you get your podcasts!
You can also listen to this episode using the player below!