Welcome! My name is Alex Castrounis .
The word InnoArchiTech represents the innovation, architecture, and technologies needed to create best-in-class software and data solutions.
I created the InnoArchiTech blog to share knowledge and expertise to benefit others, particularly on the topics of scalable software, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, and IoT solutions. Articles are therefore focused on the concepts, techniques, best practices, and trends related to these topics.
In my opinion, best-in-class software and data solutions are those that are designed, built, and delivered, such that they are:
- Problem solving
- Helps users get one or more jobs done (e.g., JTBD)
- Benefit-driven and not feature-driven
- Free of feature bloat
- Exceptionally designed
- UX, UI, interactions, animations, and information architecture
- User-centric and highly usable
- The why, how, and what is self-evident, or at least self-explanatory
- Future-proof and/or easily updatable
- Scalable, performant, maintainable, reliable, extensible, available, and durable
InnoArchiTech also reflects my greatest interests, which are:
- Technical and product leadership and management
- Agile, kanban, and lean-driven product development
- Innovation, differentiation, and competitive advantage
- The technical topics mentioned above
My professional experience includes working with, and helping industry-leading and early stage startup technology companies generate significant revenue and competitive advantage through innovation and creation of very successful and highly differentiated tech products and services.
Prior to working in the tech industry, I was a race strategist, vehicle dynamicist, and data scientist for IndyCar and Champ Car racing teams.
Highlights of my racing career include:
- Working as race strategist, vehicle dynamicist, and data scientist for over one hundred IndyCar races (including many Indianapolis 500 races), and for the winning team of the historic final Champ Car race in Long Beach, CA
- Achieving numerous race wins and podium finishes as Andretti Autosport’s head of vehicle dynamics, software, and computer simulation
- Contributing to the success of many notable IndyCar drivers and team owners, including:
- Michael Andretti
- Al Unser Jr.
- Jimmy Vasser
- Will Power
- Danica Patrick
- Tony Kanaan
- Ryan-Hunter Reay
In addition to my professional background and interests, I’m also a musician (drums, percussion, and keys), DJ, and music producer.
Here is a link to an album recorded by a former band of mine called Olympus Mons, and features me on drums. The songs are all originals and co-written by me, with the exception of Dracula, a Medeski Martin & Wood cover.
I hope you enjoy your visit and thanks for stopping by!